The MPC utilizes a wide range of equipment designed for metallurgical or materials research. With capabilities from simple arc casting techniques, single crystal preparation, VIM casting, to plasma spraying and high-pressure gas atomization the MPC can assist research groups in many areas. With complete metallography, analytical, and characterization resources to compliment our fabrication capabilities. Furthermore, all of our services are provided on a cost recovery basis.
MPC Equipment Types: (click to see list of equipment)
- Crystal Preparation and Characterization
- Surface Characterization
- Powder Preparation, Handling, Forming and Characterization
- X-ray Diffraction Characterization
- Physical Properties Measurement
- Sample Preparation
- Primary Fabrication
- Secondary Fabrication/Machine Shop
- Pure Metal and Alloy Preparation
- Plasma Spray
The list above only includes equipment with extened descriptions. Follow the link for a simple text list of MPC equipment.