Ames Laboratory has a number of education programs that involve elementary school students through graduate students. Scientific and engineering staff at the Laboratory total more than 250, with more than 100 university students comprising a vital part of that total.
The Lab's unique relationship with Iowa State University allows its researchers to serve as faculty, work with ISU researchers on collaborative projects and include graduate students in Lab research. This interaction benefits the students, the researchers and the institutions. Education programs include:
Community College Internships:
Programs for Graduate Students:
- Graduate Fellowship Program
Explore the student experience at Iowa State, where adventurous minds pursue their dreams and discover their passions.
U.S. Department of Energy:
- Smart Energy Use
- Education Web Sites at DOE Labs and Facilities
- DOE’s National Science Bowl (for high school students)
- DOE's National Middle School Science Bowl (for middle school students)
- Office of Science Programs for Students and Teachers
- "Ask a Scientist" - a resource for K-12 teachers and students.