Faculty Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Professor, Iowa State University
A119 Zaffarano Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-9901
- Low-temperature condensed matter physics
- Strongly correlated electronic systems
- Unconventional superconductivity and magnetism
- Pattern formation
- Biological and bio-inspired magnetism
- Nano- and Meso- scale science
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. Physics, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel, 1998
- M.S. Physics, Institute of Solid State Physics, Chernogolovka, Russia, 1992
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2013 - present: Professor, Department of Physics & Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2005 - present: Faculty Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 2009 - 2013: Associate Professor, Department of Physics & Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2005 - 2009: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics & Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2001 - 2005: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of South Carolina
- 1998 - 2001: Postdoctoral Researcher (superconductivity), Loomis Laboratory of Physics, University of Illinois
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2013 Iowa State University Mid-career Achievement in Research Award
- 2011 American Physical Society Fellow
- 2011 Outstanding Referee for American Physical Society Journals
- 2008 Outstanding Mentor Award, Ames Laboratory
- 2006 Sloan Research Fellowship
- 2005 NSF-CAREER award
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2013Kogan V G; Prozorov R; Mishra V . 2013. London penetration depth and pair breaking. Physical Review B. 88:224508.
Hu R; Mun E D; Ryan D H; Cho K; Kim H; Hodovanets H; Straszheim W E; Tanatar M A; Prozorov R; Rowan-Weetaluktuk W N; Cadogan J M; Altarawneh M M; Mielke C H; Zapf V S; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Wang N L; Hosono H; Dai P . 2013. Synthesis and Physical Properties of the New Potassium Iron Selenide Superconductor K0.80Fe1.76Se2. Iron-Based Superconductors: Materials, Properties, and Mechanisms. :.
Ji H W; Stokes R A; Alegria L D; Blomberg E C; Tanatar M A; Reijnders A; Schoop L M; Liang T; Prozorov R; Burch K S; Ong N P; Petta J R; Cava R J . 2013. A ferromagnetic insulating substrate for the epitaxial growth of topological insulators. Journal of Applied Physics. 114:114907.
Clem J R; Prozorov R; Wijngaarden R J . 2013. Equilibrium intermediate-state patterns in a type-I superconducting slab in an arbitrarily oriented applied magnetic field. Physical Review B. 88:104504.
Murphy J; Tanatar M A; Kim H; Kwok W; Welp U; Graf D; Brooks J S; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Prozorov R . 2013. Effect of heavy-ion irradiation on London penetration depth in overdoped Ba(Fe1-xCox)(2)As-2. Physical Review B. 88:054514.
Palasyuk A; Blomberg E; Prozorov R; Yue L; Kramer M J; McCallum R W; Anderson I E; Constantinides S . 2013. Advances in Characterization of Non-Rare-Earth Permanent Magnets: Exploring Commercial Alnico Grades 5-7 and 9. JOM. 65:862-869.
Prozorov R; Cho K; Kim H; Tanatar M A . 2013. Dome - like variation of the superconducting gap anisotropy in Fe-based superconductors. 10th International Conference on Materials and Mechanisms of Superconductivity. 449:012020.
Nlebedim I C; Levin E M; Prozorov R; Dennis K W; McCallum R W; Jiles D C . 2013. Magnetic and Thermoelectric Properties of Cobalt Ferrite. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 49:4269-4272.
Kogan V G; Prozorov R . 2013. Orbital upper critical field of type-II superconductors with pair breaking. Physical Review B. 88:024503.
Kim H; Kogan V G; Cho K; Tanatar M A; Prozorov R . 2013. Rutgers relation for the analysis of superfluid density in superconductors. Physical Review B. 87:214518.