Our team is well-known for its work in the following areas:
- Using multi-dimensional solid-state NMR of quadrupolar nuclei to study spin-1/2 nuclei in mesoporous solids.
- Developing and applying pioneering methods for the application of solid-state NMR to understand the nanoscale structure of materials, including fuel cell membranes, nanocomposites, and thermoelectrics.
- Advancing the technique by improving sensitivity and developing new pulse sequences to address new challenges.
Current Scientific Thrusts:
- Organic-inorganic hybrid materials.
- Nanoscale structures of plant cell walls.
- Magnetic molecule spin dynamics.
- Adsorbates on catalysts.
For additional information on Solid-State NMR, please visit http://www.ameslab.gov/dmse/fwp/solid-state-nmr