- Agreement tailored for Ames Lab. Separate from ISU contract.
- Program Summary link.
- Competitive rates offereed with collision and liability insurance at $0 deductible.
- Largest national brand â€“ should be very accessible at most US airports.
- No black-out dates, roadside service included.
- Enterprise owns National. Enterprise Holdings is working to merge the brands to become more customer-friendly.
- Flex-fuel vehicles may be available (regional availability). Hybrids are becoming available, but still on limited basis. We will reimburse for hybrid vehicles when they are available.
Enterprise is 1st choice for The Ames Laboratory (AL). AL will reimburse up to mid-size/standard size with Enterprise. If Enterprise is available, and traveler chooses another brand, AL will reimburse for compact cost of Enterprise in the city of travel plus applicable taxes.
If Enterprise is not available, National is 2nd choice. AL will reimburse mid-size/standard car from National. If National is available, and another brand is chosen, AL to reimburse for compact cost of National in the city of travel plus applicable taxes.
Traveler still needs completed Request for Exception Approval form.
- Traveler may reserve car through Travel and Transport. T&T has ability to direct-bill, but only when car is rented for 100% business travel.
- Traveler is not allowed to direct bill for any personal use.
- Traveler may log-in to Enterprise website using Ames Lab account log-in and book with AL contract rates. This will not be direct-billed to the Ames Lab.Allows traveler to see available options, book personal travel and review contract terms and conditions.
- Insurance is not covered with personal travel.
- Visitors can use Ames Lab contract for business purposes only, and visitors may not direct-bill to AL. AL personnel should provide visitors the AL account and pin. (There are mileage restrictions with Enterprise that may make contract more expensive. It will be up to host to determine whether Enterprise is the best choice.) Visitors can rent up to standard-sized Enterprise vehicle without exception request.
Enterprise in Ames
- Local Rentals â€“ Ames Location on S. Duff Ave, (across from Wal-mart).
- One-way rental is available, and several travelers have used one-way rental as transportation to and from the Des Moines airport.
- 24-hour drop box in Ames for returns. Charges stop when traveler drops off keys.
- Receipt is posted on-line within 48 hours for traveler.
- Provide free person pick-up and drop-off service within 15 mile radius. Call for availability.
Enterprise at Des Moines Airport
- Hours - 7:00am-11:30pm M-F and 7:00am-11:00pm.
- With a reservation - Enterprise representative will stay for delayed flights.
- No reservation - If the traveler does not have a reservation but arrives within the hours of operation, the Enterprise location may be able to get them a vehicle.
- After Hours - Without a reservation, a rep may be there waiting on another traveler, but there would be no guarantees.