Foreign Visits and Assignments Requests (473's) and Specific Security Plans
Please use the following links to reach Form 473, the Foreign Visits and Assignments Request Form, as well as the Ames Laboratory Specific Security Plan Form.
Program Overview. The USDOE considers hosting foreign visitors a critical responsibility. This is especially true when the foreign national is from a country that is directly competing against the United States militarily or economically.
For detailed information on your responsibilities as a host of a Foreign Visitor, review the
- Ensure that the benefits gained from the visit outweigh their potential risks
- Determine the areas of your work that may be sensitive, but not classified, and might shed light on classified work
- Assess whether discussion of selected unclassified information with foreign nationals could divulge proprietary details related to cooperative research or other collaborative work at your facility
- Carefully craft your security plan to ensure the security of the visit
During the visit:
- Be alert to indications that any of your foreign guests might be collecting information on the basis of intelligence tasking, or might be an intelligence officer
As a host in the visit of a foreign national, you should maintain awareness before the visit, dilligence during the visit and caution in subsequent interactions with the visitor.