DOE Order 436.1 states that Ames Laboratory shall, "ensure that procurement policies and procedures promote the Department's acquisition of recycled-content and biobased-content materials, Electronic Procurement Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT)-registered electronics and other environmentally preferable products and services.
Green Products Compilation Web Resource
The Green Products Compilation lists the green products for which EPA, DOE or USDA have issued designations or otherwise provided guidance for environmental or energy attributes. This is available via web at www.sftool.gov/GreenProcurement.
This website provides you ability to search by keyword or browse by product category, along with potential sources.
(1) Recycled Content Products are described at http://www3.epa.gov/epawaste/conserve/tools/cpg/products/
(2) Biobased Products are described at http://www.biopreferred.gov/
(3) Energy efficient products are at http://energystar.gov/products for Energy Star products
(4) Energy efficient products are at http://energy.gov/eere/femp/find-product-categories-covered-efficiency-programs for FEMP designated products
(5) Environmentally preferable and energy efficient electronics including desktop computers, laptops and monitors are at http://www.epeat.net the Electronic Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) the Green Electronics Council site
(6) Green house gas emission inventories are required, including Scope 3 emissions which include contractor emissions. These are discussed at Section 13 of Executive Order 13514 which can be found at http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/disposition.html
(7) Non-Ozone Depleting Alternative Products are at http://www.epa.gov/ozone/strathome.html
(8) Water efficient plumbing products are at http://epa.gov/watersense