AMES, Iowa –For the second straight year, Des Moines Central Academy emerged as the champion in the Ames Laboratory/Iowa State University Regional High School Science Bowl here on Saturday, Jan. 30. Central Academy didn’t lose a single match in the day-long quiz-bowl event, defeating Ames High School 68-34 in the final match.
You are here
For release: Jan. 20, 2010
Oxy-Gon Model FR210 Bridgeman Crystal Growth Furnace
- 10-inch stroke, 8-inch sample length
- W element resistance furnace, maximum temperature of 2000ºC
- Maximum operating pressure of 100 psi
- Vacuum operation to 10^-8 torr, turbo vacuum
Philips CM30 Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope
60 kW Electron Beam Melting Furnace
This furnace takes melt stock in the form of a hanging rod and drip melts from this into a bottom withdrawal water cooled mold.
- Melt stock can be up to 2-inch diameter and 36 inches long
- Casting mold of either 2 or 3-inch diameter
- Maximum ingot length is 11 inches
Hommel T-8000 surface profilometer (right) and Falex ISC 450 pin-on-disk tribometer (left).