Hydrogen Analyzer Hot Vacuum Extraction System
Used to analyze metals and alloys for hydrogen and deuterium. This instrument has been fitted with a residual gas analyzer (RGA) to analyze to composition of the evolved gases.
- Samples are dropped from the loading tree into a furnace operating at a user defined temperature
- The system is isolated and the pressure change is monitored until a stable rate is achieved
- The amount of evolved gas in ppm is determined based on pressure change and the system temperature and volume
- The composition of the evolved gas can be checked using the attached CIS-100 gas analyzer
- Installed in 1997, RGA added in 1999