Many of you may have already received notices of some kind via email, AccessPlus or postcard at your home address regarding an important employee benefit, Group Long Term Care Insurance with Genworth Financial.
The enrollment period for this benefit is a short one beginning Jan. 22, 2013 to Feb. 15, 2013.
The ISU Benefits Office has issued the following information when considering long term care insurance:
“It covers expenses for long term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. Here are a few quick points to consider:
- Neither health nor disability insurance will cover this kind of care.
- Relying on government programs may not be a viable solution.
- Without insurance, the costs of these services may have to come out of your savings or income.”
For more information, you may visit https://www.genworth.com/groupltc
and use Group ID: ISU and Access Code: groupltc. To speak with an expert about this benefit, please call 800-416-3624.
The Ames Laboratory will be hosting a watch session on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013 at 10 a.m. If you are interested in viewing the webinar and obtaining more information about this employee benefit, please report to 151 TASF at this time.
If you are unable to attend the watch session or would prefer attending a live presentation with a Genworth representative available to answer questions, please see the following list of webinars and live presentations available:
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 1:30pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 10am
Live Presentations at the Memorial Union
- Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 9 a.m. and noon in the Gold Room, open house until 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 9 a.m. and noon in the Cardinal Room, open house until 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 7 at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. in the Gold Room, open house until 4:30 p.m.
For more information regarding Long Term Care Insurance including webinar and live presentation details, please visit the ISU Benefits website at http://www.hrs.iastate.edu/hrs/node/554.