Handling and Disposing of Hazardous Waste for Users of the X-ray Reflectometer in B37 Spedding
In experiments that involve liquid surfaces, the use of solvents and carcinogens is inevitable. The user should follow the following procedures:
- All operations, excluding spreading the films should be performed under a ventilated hood.
- All the waste will be collected in a labeled bottle, and the label should be filled every time waste is produced.
- The bottle should be delivered to ES&H every month.
- Keep the bottle in a secondary container.
- All the chemicals should be kept in the appropriate storage under the hood.