Assistant Scientist III
209A Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-7587
- Materials design, synthesis, property analysis, nanoscale structure and chemistry characterization, establishing connections between structure, chemistry and behavior; particularly interested in nanocrystalline magnetic alloys
- Nanoscale three-dimensional reconstruction by using electron tomography and atom probe tomography techniques
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. (with honor) Materials Science and Engineering, Institute of Metal Research Chinese Academy of Sciences, P. R. China & National Institute for Materials Science, Japan, 2000
- M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Shenyang Polytechnic University, P. R. China, 1996
- B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Shenyang Polytechnic University, P. R. China, 1993
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2006 - present Assistant Scientist, The Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 2002 - 2006 Postdoctoral Research Associate, The Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2003 Outstanding Poster Award, Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA
- 2000 Science and Technology Agency of Japan (STA) Fellowship, Japan
- 1999 Special Award of the President Scholarship, Chinese Academy of Sciences
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2009Hu Y Y; Yusufoglu Y; Kanapathipillai M; Yang C Y; Wu Y Q; Thiyagarajan P; Deming T; Akinc M; Schmidt-Rohr K; Mallapragada S . 2009. Self-assembled calcium phosphate nanocomposites using block copolypeptide templates. Soft Matter. 5:4311-4320.
Wu Y Q; Tang W; Kramer M J; Dennis K W; Oster N; McCallum R W; Anderson I E . 2009. Correlation of the energy product with evolution of the nanostructure in the Y,Dy,Nd-(Fe, Co)-B magnetic alloy. Journal of Applied Physics. 105:07a720.
Tang W; Wu Y Q; Dennis K W; Oster N T; Kramer M J; Anderson I E; McCallum R W . 2009. Magnetic properties and microstructure of gas atomized MRE2(Fe,Co)(14)B powder with ZrC addition (MRE=Nd plus Y plus Dy). Journal of Applied Physics. 105:07a728.
2008Rui X; Shield J E; Sun Z; Skomski R; Xu Y; Sellmyer D J; Kramer M J; Wu Y Q . 2008. Intra-cluster exchange-coupled high-performance permanent magnets. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 320:2576-2583.
Shin K Y; Laverock J; Wu Y Q; Condron C L; Toney M F; Dugdale S B; Kramer M J; Fisher I R . 2008. Charge density wave formation in R2Te5 (R=Nd, Sm, and Gd). Physical Review B. 77:165101.
Rong C B; Poudyal N; Chaubey G S; Nandwana V; Liu Y; Wu Y Q; Kramer M J; Kozlov M E; Baughman R H; Liu J P . 2008. High thermal stability of carbon-coated L1(0)-FePt nanoparticles prepared by salt-matrix annealing. Journal of Applied Physics. 103:07E131.
Liu Y Z; Wu Y Q; Kramer M J; Choi Y; Jiang J S; Wang Z L; Liu J P . 2008. Microstructure analysis of a SmCo/Fe exchange spring bilayer. Applied Physics Letters. 93:192502.
2007Rong C B; Nandwana V; Poudyal N; Liu J P; Saito T; Wu Y Q; Kramer M J . 2007. Bulk FePt/Fe3Pt nanocomposite magnets prepared by spark plasma sintering. Journal of Applied Physics. 101:09K515.
Tang W; Wu Y Q; Dennis K W; Kramer M J; Anderson I E; McCallum R W . 2007. Comparison of microstructure and magnetic properties of gas-atomized and melt-spun MRE-Fe-Co-M-B (MRE = Y+Dy+Nd, M = Zr+TiC). Journal of Applied Physics. 101:09K510.
Rong C B; Poudyal N; Chaubey G S; Nandwana V; Skomski R; Wu Y Q; Kramer M J; Liu J P . 2007. Structural phase transition and ferromagnetism in monodisperse 3 nm FePt particles. Journal of Applied Physics. 102:043913.