Assistant Scientist III
209A Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-7587
- Materials design, synthesis, property analysis, nanoscale structure and chemistry characterization, establishing connections between structure, chemistry and behavior; particularly interested in nanocrystalline magnetic alloys
- Nanoscale three-dimensional reconstruction by using electron tomography and atom probe tomography techniques
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. (with honor) Materials Science and Engineering, Institute of Metal Research Chinese Academy of Sciences, P. R. China & National Institute for Materials Science, Japan, 2000
- M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Shenyang Polytechnic University, P. R. China, 1996
- B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Shenyang Polytechnic University, P. R. China, 1993
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2006 - present Assistant Scientist, The Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 2002 - 2006 Postdoctoral Research Associate, The Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2003 Outstanding Poster Award, Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA
- 2000 Science and Technology Agency of Japan (STA) Fellowship, Japan
- 1999 Special Award of the President Scholarship, Chinese Academy of Sciences
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2013Mukherjee P; Jiang X J; Wu Y Q; Kramer M J; Shield J E . 2013. Nucleation-Suppressed Phase Stabilization in Fe-Au Nanoparticles. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 117:24071-24078.
Gao T R; Wu Y Q; Fackler S; Kierzewski I; Zhang Y; Mehta A; Kramer M J; Takeuchi I . 2013. Combinatorial exploration of rare-earth-free permanent magnets: Magnetic and microstructural properties of Fe-Co-W thin films. Applied Physics Letters. 102:022419.
2012Rong C B; Wu Y Q; Wang D P; Zhang Y; Poudyal N; Kramer M J; Liu J P . 2012. Effect of pressure loading rate on the crystallographic texture of NdFeB nanocrystalline magnets. Journal of Applied Physics. 111:07a717.
2011Wu Y Q; Tang W; Dennis K W; Oster N; McCallum R W; Anderson I E; Kramer M J . 2011. Effective grain pinning revealed by nanoscale electron tomography. Journal of Applied Physics. 109:07a705.
Tang W; Wu Y Q; Dennis K W; Oster N T; Kramer M J; Anderson I E; McCallum R W . 2011. Studies of microstructure and magnetic properties in sintered mixed rare earth (MRE) -Fe-B magnets (MRE = Nd plus La plus Dy). Journal of Applied Physics. 109:07a704.
2010Wu Y F; Kim G Y; Anderson I E; Lograsso T A . 2010. Fabrication of Al6061 composite with high SiC particle loading by semi-solid powder processing. Acta Materialia. 58:4398-4405.
Tang W; Wu Y Q; Oster N T; Dennis K W; Kramer M J; Anderson I E; McCallum R W . 2010. Improved energy product in grained aligned and sintered MRE2Fe14B magnets (MRE=Y plus Dy plus Nd). Journal of Applied Physics. 107:09a728.
Wu Y F; Kim G Y; Anderson I E; Lograsso T A . 2010. Experimental Study on Viscosity and Phase Segregation of Al-Si Powders in Microsemisolid Powder Forming. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering-Transactions of the Asme. 132:-.
Shin K Y; Ru N; Fisher I R; Condron C L; Toney M F; Wu Y Q; Kramer M J . 2010. Observation of two separate charge density wave transitions in Gd2Te5 via transmission electron microscopy and high-resolution X-ray diffraction. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 489:332-335.
2009You T S; Lidin S; Gourdon O; Wu Y Q; Miller G J . 2009. To What Extent Does the Zintl-Klemm Formalism Work? The Eu(Zn1-xGex)(2) Series. Inorganic Chemistry. 48:6380-6390.