Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Professor, Iowa State University
303 Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-4383
- Solvation dynamics in protein environments and ionic ﬂuids
- Theory of protein crystallization
- Protein-protein interactions
- Phase behaviors of metallic systems
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Berkeley, 1998
- Ph.D. Chemical Physics, California Institute of Technology, 1995
- M.Sc. Physical Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, P. R. China, 1987
- B.S. Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, P. R. China, 1984
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2010 - present Professor, Iowa State University
- 2004 - 2010 Associate Professor, Iowa State University
- 1998 - 2004 Assistant Professor, Iowa State University
- 1987 - 1989 Lecturer, Nankai University
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 1996 Herbert Newby McCoy Award, Caltech
- 1987 Excellent Thesis Award for M.Sc., Nankai University
- American Chemical Society
- American Physical Society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2012Warshavsky V B; Song X Y . 2012. Perturbation theory of solid-liquid interfacial free energies of bcc metals. Physical Review E. 86:031602.
Song X L; Thalacker F W; Nilsen-Hamilton M . 2012. Synergistic and Multidimensional Regulation of Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 1 Expression by Transforming Growth Factor Type beta and Epidermal Growth Factor. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 287:12520-12528.
2010Warshavsky V B; Song X Y . 2010. Perturbation theory for solid-liquid interfacial free energies. Journal of Physics-Condensed Matter. 22:364112.
2009Warshavsky V B; Song X . 2009. Phase diagrams of binary alloys calculated from a density functional theory. Physical Review B. 79:014101.
2008Warshavsky V B; Song X Y . 2008. Theoretical studies of the correlations in moderately asymmetric binary hard-sphere solid mixtures. Physical Review E. 77:051106.
Warshavsky V B; Song X Y . 2008. Fundamental measure density functional theory studies on the freezing of binary hard-sphere and Lennard-Jones mixtures. Journal of Chemical Physics. 129:034506.
Fang J X; Ding B J; Song X P; Han Y . 2008. How a silver dendritic mesocrystal converts to a single crystal. Applied Physics Letters. 92:173120.
Fang J X; Kong P; Ding B J; Song X P; Han Y; Hahn H; Gleiter H . 2008. Single crystal growth via a grain rotation mechanism within amorphous matrix. Applied Physics Letters. 93:153115.