A503 Zaffarano Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-7191
- Soft condensed matter
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Postdoctoral Condensed Matter, University of Illinois at Urbana, 2000 - 2002
- Postdoctoral Physics, Syracuse University, 1997 - 2000
- Ph.D. High Energy Physics, Universitat de Barcelona, 1997
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2008 - present Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2002 - 2008 Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2002 - present Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory BCB (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology), Iowa State University
- 2000 - 2002 Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 1997 - 2000 Research Associate, Syracuse University, Physics Department
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2008 National Science Foundation CAREER AWARD
- 2008 DOE outstanding mentor award
- 1997 “Premi Extraordinari de Doctorat”, Best PhD dissertation, Universitat de Barcelona
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2007Faraudo J; Travesset A . 2007. Electrostatics of phosphatidic acid monolayers: Insights from computer simulations. Colloids and Surfaces a-Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 300:287-292.
Faraudo J; Travesset A . 2007. The many origins of charge inversion in electrolyte solutions: Effects of discrete interfacial charges. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 111:987-994.
Bowick M; Shin H; Travesset A . 2007. Dynamics and instabilities of defects in two-dimensional crystals on curved backgrounds. Physical Review E. 75:021404.
Vaknin D; Bu W; Satija S K; Travesset A . 2007. Ordering by collapse: Formation of bilayer and trilayer crystals by folding Langmuir monolayers. Langmuir. 23:1888-1897.
Faraudo J; Travesset A . 2007. Phosphatidic acid domains in membranes: Effect of divalent counterions. Biophysical Journal. 92:2806-2818.