A503 Zaffarano Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-7191
- Soft condensed matter
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Postdoctoral Condensed Matter, University of Illinois at Urbana, 2000 - 2002
- Postdoctoral Physics, Syracuse University, 1997 - 2000
- Ph.D. High Energy Physics, Universitat de Barcelona, 1997
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2008 - present Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2002 - 2008 Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2002 - present Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory BCB (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology), Iowa State University
- 2000 - 2002 Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 1997 - 2000 Research Associate, Syracuse University, Physics Department
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2008 National Science Foundation CAREER AWARD
- 2008 DOE outstanding mentor award
- 1997 “Premi Extraordinari de Doctorat”, Best PhD dissertation, Universitat de Barcelona
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2010Anderson J A; Sknepnek R; Travesset A . 2010. Design of polymer nanocomposites in solution by polymer functionalization. Physical Review E. 82:021803.
2009Martin-Molina A; Calero C; Faraudo J; Quesada-Perez M; Travesset A; Alvarez R H . 2009. The hydrophobic effect as a driving force for charge inversion in colloids. Soft Matter. 5:1350-1353.
2008Anderson J A; Lorenz C D; Travesset A . 2008. General purpose molecular dynamics simulations fully implemented on graphics processing units. Journal of Computational Physics. 227:5342-5359.
Anderson J A; Lorenz C D; Travesset A . 2008. Micellar crystals in solution from molecular dynamics simulations. Journal of Chemical Physics. 128:184906.
Lorenz C D; Faraudo J; Travesset A . 2008. Hydrogen bonding and binding of polybasic residues with negatively charged mixed lipid monolayers. Langmuir. 24:1654-1658.
Lorenz C D; Crozier P S; Anderson J A; Travesset A . 2008. Molecular dynamics of ionic transport and electrokinetic effects in realistic silica channels. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 112:10222-10232.
Vaknin D; Bu W; Travesset A . 2008. Extracting the pair distribution function of liquids and liquid-vapor surfaces by grazing incidence x-ray diffraction mode. Journal of Chemical Physics. 129:044504.
Sknepnek R; Anderson J A; Lamm M H; Schmalian J; Travesset A . 2008. Nanoparticle ordering via functionalized block copolymers in solution. ACS Nano. 2:1259-1265.
Knorowski C D; Anderson J A; Travesset A . 2008. Self-assembled ordered polymer nanocomposites directed by attractive particles. Journal of Chemical Physics. 128:164903.
2007Lorenz C D; Travesset A . 2007. Charge inversion of divalent ionic solutions in silica channels. Physical Review E. 75:061202.