A205 Zaffarano Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-9962
- Magneto-elastic coupling, domains, interplay with superconductivity
- X-ray and neutron scattering
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. Physics, University of Technology, Dresden, 2001
- Diploma Physics, University of Technology, Dresden, 1992
- Abitur High School with extented focus on science and techniques, Riesa, 1986
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2009 - present Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 2009 - present Member of Safety Review Committee, Ames Laboratory
- 2008 - present Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physics, Iowa State University, Ames
- 2008 - present Member of proposal committee, neutron scattering, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 2006 - 2009 Assistant Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 2005 - 2006 Postdoctoral fellow, University of Technology, Dresden
- 2004 - 2005 Postdoctoral fellow, Ames Laboratory
- 2004 Head of organisation for the German Conference on Neutron Scattering, Dresden
- 2002 - 2004 Member of proposal committee, Institute Laue-Langevin, Grenoble
- 2001 - 2004 Postdoctoral fellow, University of Technology, Dresden
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2009 Professional and Scientific Outstanding New Professional Award, Iowa Sate University
- 1999 Young Scientist Award for “Best presentation at ECNS '99”, Budapest
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2009Das S; Kreyssig A; Nandi S; Goldman A I; Johnston D C . 2009. Absence of structural correlations of magnetic defects in the heavy-fermion compound LiV2O4. Physical Review B. 80:104401.
Singh Y; Green M A; Huang Q; Kreyssig A; McQueeney R J; Johnston D C; Goldman A I . 2009. Magnetic order in BaMn2As2 from neutron diffraction measurements. Physical Review B. 80:100403.
Pratt D K; Tian W; Kreyssig A; Zarestky J L; Nandi S; Ni N; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Goldman A I; McQueeney R J . 2009. Coexistence of Competing Antiferromagnetic and Superconducting Phases in the Underdoped Ba(Fe0.953Co0.047)(2)As-2 Compound Using X-ray and Neutron Scattering Techniques. Physical Review Letters. 103:087001.
Li H F; Tian W; Zarestky J L; Kreyssig A; Ni N; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Goldman A I; McQueeney R J; Vaknin D . 2009. Magnetic and lattice coupling in single-crystal SrFe2As2: A neutron scattering study. Physical Review B. 80:054407.
Bud'ko S L; Nandi S; Ni N; Thaler A; Kreyssig A; Kracher A; Yan J Q; Goldman A I; Canfield P C . 2009. Structural phase transition in Ba(Fe0.973Cr0.027)(2)As-2 single crystals. Physical Review B. 80:014522.
Martin C; Tillman M E; Kim H; Tanatar M A; Kim S K; Kreyssig A; Gordon R T; Vannette M D; Nandi S; Kogan V G; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Goldman A I; Prozorov R . 2009. Nonexponential London Penetration Depth of FeAs-Based Superconducting RFeAsO0.9F0.1 (R=La, Nd) Single Crystals. Physical Review Letters. 102:247002.
McCallum R W; Yan J Q; Rustan G E; Mun E D; Singh Y; Das S; Nath R; Bud'ko S L; Dennis K W; Johnston D C; Canfield P C; Kramer M J; Kreyssig A; Lograsso T A; Goldman A I . 2009. In situ high energy x-ray synchrotron diffraction study of the synthesis and stoichiometry of LaFeAsO and LaFeAsO1-xFy. Journal of Applied Physics. 105:123912.
Kimber S A J; Kreyssig A; Zhang Y Z; Jeschke H O; Valenti R; Yokaichiya F; Colombier E; Yan J; Hansen T C; Chatterji T; McQueeney R J; Canfield P C; Goldman A I; Argyriou D N . 2009. Similarities between structural distortions under pressure and chemical doping in superconducting BaFe2As2. Nature Materials. 8:471-475.
Canfield P C; Bud'ko S L; Ni N; Kreyssig A; Goldman A I; McQueeney R J; Torikachvili M S; Argyriou D N; Luke G; Yu W . 2009. Structural, magnetic and superconducting phase transitions in CaFe2As2 under ambient and applied pressure. Physica C-Superconductivity and Its Applications. 469:404-412.
Eskildsen M R; Vinnikov L Y; Veshchuno I S; Artemova T M; Blasius T D; Densmore J M; Dewhurst C D; Ni N; Kreyssig A; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Goldman A I . 2009. Vortex imaging in Co-doped BaFe2As2. Physica C-Superconductivity and Its Applications. 469:529-534.