A205 Zaffarano Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-9962
- Magneto-elastic coupling, domains, interplay with superconductivity
- X-ray and neutron scattering
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. Physics, University of Technology, Dresden, 2001
- Diploma Physics, University of Technology, Dresden, 1992
- Abitur High School with extented focus on science and techniques, Riesa, 1986
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2009 - present Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 2009 - present Member of Safety Review Committee, Ames Laboratory
- 2008 - present Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physics, Iowa State University, Ames
- 2008 - present Member of proposal committee, neutron scattering, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 2006 - 2009 Assistant Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 2005 - 2006 Postdoctoral fellow, University of Technology, Dresden
- 2004 - 2005 Postdoctoral fellow, Ames Laboratory
- 2004 Head of organisation for the German Conference on Neutron Scattering, Dresden
- 2002 - 2004 Member of proposal committee, Institute Laue-Langevin, Grenoble
- 2001 - 2004 Postdoctoral fellow, University of Technology, Dresden
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2009 Professional and Scientific Outstanding New Professional Award, Iowa Sate University
- 1999 Young Scientist Award for “Best presentation at ECNS '99”, Budapest
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2014Weber F; Pintschovius L; Reichardt W; Heid R; Bohnen K P; Kreyssig A; Reznik D; Hradil K . 2014. Phonons and electron-phonon coupling in YNi2B2C. Physical Review B. 89:104503.
2013Quirinale D G; Anand V K; Kim M G; Pandey A; Huq A; Stephens P W; Heitmann T W; Kreyssig A; McQueeney R J; Johnston D C; Goldman A I . 2013. Crystal and magnetic structure of CaCo1.86As2 studied by x-ray and neutron diffraction. Physical Review B. 88:174420.
Soh J H; Tucker G S; Pratt D K; Abernathy D L; Stone M B; Ran S; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Kreyssig A; McQueeney R J; Goldman A I . 2013. Inelastic Neutron Scattering Study of a Nonmagnetic Collapsed Tetragonal Phase in Nonsuperconducting CaFe2As2: Evidence of the Impact of Spin Fluctuations on Superconductivity in the Iron-Arsenide Compounds. Physical Review Letters. 111:227002.
Jayasekara W; Lee Y; Pandey A; Tucker G S; Sapkota A; Lamsal J; Calder S; Abernathy D L; Niedziela J L; Harmon B N; Kreyssig A; Vaknin D; Johnston D C; Goldman A I; McQueeney R J . 2013. Stripe Antiferromagnetic Spin Fluctuations in SrCo2As2. Physical Review Letters. 111:157001.
Kreyssig A; Beutier G; Hiroto T; Kim M G; Tucker G S; De Boissieu M; Tamura R; Goldman A I . 2013. Antiferromagnetic order and the structural order-disorder transition in the Cd6Ho quasicrystal approximant. Philosophical Magazine Letters. 93:512-520.
Goldman A I; Kong T; Kreyssig A; Jesche A; Ramazanoglu M; Dennis K W; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C . 2013. A family of binary magnetic icosahedral quasicrystals based on rare earths and cadmium. Nature Materials. 12:714-718.
Hodovanets H; Bud'ko S L; Lin X; Taufour V; Kim M G; Pratt D K; Kreyssig A; Canfield P C . 2013. Anisotropic transport and magnetic properties and magnetic-field tuned states of CeZn11 single crystals. Physical Review B. 88:054410.
Pandey A; Ueland B G; Yeninas S; Kreyssig A; Sapkota A; Zhao Y; Helton J S; Lynn J W; McQueeney R J; Furukawa Y; Goldman A I; Johnston D C . 2013. Coexistence of Half-Metallic Itinerant Ferromagnetism with Local-Moment Antiferromagnetism in Ba0.60K0.40Mn2As2. Physical Review Letters. 111:047001.
Pandey A; Quirinale D G; Jayasekara W; Sapkota A; Kim M G; Dhaka R S; Lee Y; Heitmann T W; Stephens P W; Ogloblichev V; Kreyssig A; McQueeney R J; Goldman A I; Kaminski A; Harmon B N; Furukawa Y; Johnston D C . 2013. Crystallographic, electronic, thermal, and magnetic properties of single-crystal SrCo2As2. Physical Review B. 88:014526.
Kim M G; Soh J; Lang J; Dean M P M; Thaler A; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Bourret-Courchesne E; Kreyssig A; Goldman A I; Birgeneau R J . 2013. Spin polarization of Ru in superconducting Ba(Fe0.795Ru0.205)(2)As-2 studied by x-ray resonant magnetic scattering. Physical Review B. 88:014424.