A317 Zaffarano Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-0849
- Study of electronic properties of novel strongly correlated materials using Angle Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. University of Illinois at Chicago, 2001
- M.S. Maria Curie Sklowdowska University, Lublin, Poland, 1991
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2009 - present Associate Professor, Iowa State University and Associate Scientist, The Ames Laboratory
- 2004 - 2009 Assistant Professor, Iowa State University and Associate Scientist, The Ames Laboratory
- 2002 - 2004 Royal Society Research Fellow, University of Wales, Swansea
- 2001 - 2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Illinois at Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory
- 1998 - 2001 Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1995 - 1997 Engineer & Technology Instructor, Creo Products, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- 1994 Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1992 - 1994 Electrical Engineer, Chicago
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2009 ISU Award for Early Achievement in Research
- 2002 Aladdin Lamp Award for excellence in synchrotron radiation research performed at Synchrotron Radiation Center in pursuit of a degree, Stoughton, Wisconsin
- 2000 Synchrotron Radiation Center Executive Director Award, Stoughton, Wisconsin
- 1996 P.M. Racaah Award for the highest score in a Ph.D. qualifying exam, Department of Physics, University of Illinois at Chicago
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2011Liu C; Palczewski A D; Dhaka R S; Kondo T; Fernandes R M; Mun E D; Hodovanets H; Thaler A N; Schmalian J; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Kaminski A . 2011. Importance of the Fermi-surface topology to the superconducting state of the electron-doped pnictide Ba(Fe(1-x)Co(x))(2)As(2). Physical Review B. 84:020509.
Chatterjee U; Ai D F; Zhao J J; Rosenkranz S; Kaminski A; Raffy H; Li Z Z; Kadowaki K; Randeria M; Norman M R; Campuzano J C . 2011. Electronic phase diagram of high-temperature copper oxide superconductors. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 108:9346-9349.
Liu C; Lee Y; Kondo T; Mun E D; Caudle M; Harmon B N; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Kaminski A . 2011. Metallic surface electronic state in half-Heusler compounds RPtBi (R = Lu, Dy, Gd). Physical Review B. 83:205133.
Kondo T; Hamaya Y; Palczewski A D; Takeuchi T; Wen J S; Xu Z J; Gu G D; Schmalian J; Kaminski A . 2011. Disentangling Cooper-pair formation above the transition temperature from the pseudogap state in the cuprates. Nature Physics. 7:21-25.
2010Liu C; Lee Y; Palczewski A D; Yan J Q; Kondo T; Harmon B N; McCallum R W; Lograsso T A; Kaminski A . 2010. Surface-driven electronic structure in LaFeAsO studied by angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy. Physical Review B. 82:075135.
Kondo T; Khasanov R; Karpinski J; Kazakov S M; Zhigadlo N D; Bukowski Z; Shi M; Bendounan A; Sassa Y; Chang J; Pailhes S; Mesot J; Schmalian J; Keller H; Kaminski A . 2010. Anomalies in the Fermi Surface and Band Dispersion of Quasi-One-Dimensional CuO Chains in the High-Temperature Superconductor YBa2Cu4O8. Physical Review Letters. 105:267003.
Norman M R; Kaminski A; Rosenkranz S; Campuzano J C . 2010. Comment on "Circular Dichroism in the Angle-Resolved Photoemission Spectrum of the High-Temperature Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+delta Superconductor: Can These Measurements Be Interpreted as Evidence for Time-Reversal Symmetry Breaking?". Physical Review Letters. 105:189701.
Khasanov R; Kondo T; Bendele M; Hamaya Y; Kaminski A; Lee S L; Ray S J; Takeuchi T . 2010. Suppression of the antinodal coherence of superconducting (Bi,Pb)2(Sr,La)2CuO6+delta as revealed by muon spin rotation and angle-resolved photoemission. Physical Review B. 82:020511.
Liu C; Kondo T; Fernandes R M; Palczewski A D; Mun E D; Ni N; Thaler A N; Bostwick A; Rotenberg E; Schmalian J; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Kaminski A . 2010. Evidence for a Lifshitz transition in electron-doped iron arsenic superconductors at the onset of superconductivity. Nature Physics. 6:419-423.
Palczewski A D; Kondo T; Wen J S; Xu G Z J; Gu G; Kaminski A . 2010. Controlling the carrier concentration of the high-temperature superconductor Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+delta in angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy experiments. Physical Review B. 81:104521.