Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Assistant Professor, Iowa State University
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-5630
- Quantum Processes and Collective Phenomena in Condensed Matter
- Light-Matter Interaction in Nanoscale and Complex Materials
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Nonlinear Optics from THz to Ultraviolet
- Spin Dynamics, Coherence, Magneto-Optics and High Magnetic Field Phenomena
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Physicist Postdoctoral Fellow – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories, 2005-2008
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 2005
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 2002
- B.S. Physics, Jilin University, Changchun, P. R. China 2000
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2008-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2008-present, Associate Scientist, Ames laboratory of US-DOE
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- Luis Alvarez Award for Best Experimental Research, APS meeting, 2007
- Top Papers of 2006, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
- Chinese Academy of Science Award, 2000
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2009Wang J; Cotoros I; Chemla D S; Liu X; Furdyna J K; Chovan J; Perakis I E . 2009. Memory effects in photoinduced femtosecond magnetization rotation in ferromagnetic GaMnAs. Applied Physics Letters. 94:021101.
2008Liu X Y; Wang J; Biner S B . 2008. Hydrogen and self-interstitial interactions with edge dislocations in Ni: atomistic and elasticity comparisons. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering. 16:045002.
Wang J; Xu J; Goodman M D; Chen Y; Cai M; Shinar J; Lin Z Q . 2008. A simple biphasic route to water soluble dithiocarbamate functionalized quantum dots. Journal of Materials Chemistry. 18:3270-3274.