Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Assistant Professor, Iowa State University
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-5630
- Quantum Processes and Collective Phenomena in Condensed Matter
- Light-Matter Interaction in Nanoscale and Complex Materials
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Nonlinear Optics from THz to Ultraviolet
- Spin Dynamics, Coherence, Magneto-Optics and High Magnetic Field Phenomena
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Physicist Postdoctoral Fellow – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories, 2005-2008
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 2005
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 2002
- B.S. Physics, Jilin University, Changchun, P. R. China 2000
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2008-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2008-present, Associate Scientist, Ames laboratory of US-DOE
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- Luis Alvarez Award for Best Experimental Research, APS meeting, 2007
- Top Papers of 2006, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
- Chinese Academy of Science Award, 2000
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2012Ackerman D M; Wang J; Evans J W . 2012. Generalized Hydrodynamic Treatment of the Interplay between Restricted Transport and Catalytic Reactions in Nanoporous Materials. Physical Review Letters. 108:228301.
Li T; Luo L; Hupalo M; Zhang J; Tringides M C; Schmalian J; Wang J . 2012. Femtosecond Population Inversion and Stimulated Emission of Dense Dirac Fermions in Graphene. Physical Review Letters. 108:167401.
Kapetanakis M D; Wang J G; Perakis I E . 2012. Femtosecond all-optical modulation of collective spin in the (Ga,Mn)As ferromagnet. Journal of the Optical Society of America B-Optical Physics. 29:A95-A102.
2011Kapetanakis M D; Lingos P C; Piermarocchi C; Wang J; Perakis I E . 2011. All-optical four-state magnetization reversal in (Ga,Mn)As ferromagnetic semiconductors. Applied Physics Letters. 99:091111.
Liu D J; Wang J; Ackerman D M; Slowing I I; Pruski M; Chen H T; Lin V S Y; Evans J W . 2011. Interplay between Anomalous Transport and Catalytic Reaction Kinetics in Single-File Nanoporous Systems. ACS Catalysis. 1:751-763.
Li T Q; Patz A; Perakis I E; Liu X Y; Furdyna J K; Wang J G . 2011. Photoinduced Critical Slowing Down of Femtosecond Hole Spin Relaxation in Ferromagnetic GaMnAs. 2011 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics. :1-2.
Ackerman D M; Wang J; Wendel J H; Liu D J; Pruski M; Evans J W . 2011. Catalytic conversion reactions mediated by single-file diffusion in linear nanopores: Hydrodynamic versus stochastic behavior. Journal of Chemical Physics. 134:114107.
2010Wang J G; Graham M W; Ma Y Z; Fleming G R; Kaindl R A . 2010. Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Midinfrared Internal Exciton Transitions in Separated Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. Physical Review Letters. 104:177401.
2009Kapetanakis M D; Perakis I E; Wickey K J; Piermarocchi C; Wang J . 2009. Femtosecond Coherent Control of Spins in (Ga, Mn)As Ferromagnetic Semiconductors Using Light. Physical Review Letters. 103:047404.
Li T; Hupalo M; Tringides M C; Wang J . 2009. Ultrafast Dynamics of Highly Excited Dirac Fermions in Few-Layer Graphene: Evidence for Three-Particle Auger Scattering. MRS Proceedings. 1230:MM02-06.