Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Assistant Professor, Iowa State University
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-5630
- Quantum Processes and Collective Phenomena in Condensed Matter
- Light-Matter Interaction in Nanoscale and Complex Materials
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Nonlinear Optics from THz to Ultraviolet
- Spin Dynamics, Coherence, Magneto-Optics and High Magnetic Field Phenomena
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Physicist Postdoctoral Fellow – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories, 2005-2008
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 2005
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 2002
- B.S. Physics, Jilin University, Changchun, P. R. China 2000
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2008-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2008-present, Associate Scientist, Ames laboratory of US-DOE
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- Luis Alvarez Award for Best Experimental Research, APS meeting, 2007
- Top Papers of 2006, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
- Chinese Academy of Science Award, 2000
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2013Zhang J H; Schmalian J; Li T Q; Wang J G . 2013. Transient charge and energy balance in graphene induced by ultrafast photoexcitation. Journal of Physics-Condensed Matter. 25:314201.
Chatzakis I; Tassin P; Luo L; Shen N H; Zhang L; Wang J G; Koschny T; Soukoulis C M . 2013. One-and two-dimensional photo-imprinted diffraction gratings for manipulating terahertz waves. Applied Physics Letters. 103:043101.
Zhang J; Li T; Wang J; Schmalian J . 2013. Post-transient relaxation in graphene after an intense laser pulse. European Physical Journal-Special Topics. 222:1263-1270.
Wang J; Ackerman D M; Lin V S Y; Pruski M; Evans J W . 2013. Controlling reactivity of nanoporous catalyst materials by tuning reaction product-pore interior interactions: Statistical mechanical modeling. Journal of Chemical Physics. 138:134705.
Li T Q; Patz A; Mouchliadis L; Yan J Q; Lograsso T A; Perakis I E; Wang J G . 2013. Femtosecond switching of magnetism via strongly correlated spin-charge quantum excitations. Nature. 496:69-73.
Patz A; Li T; Ran S; Bud'ko S; Canfield P; Wang J; Chergui M; Taylor A; Cundiff S; DeVivieRiedle R; Yamagouchi K . 2013. Photoinduced femtosecond relaxation of antiferromagnetic orders in the iron pnictides revealed by ultrafast laser ellipsometry. XVIIIth International Conference on Ultrafast Phenomena. 41:03011.
2012Chatzakis I; Luo L; Wang J; Shen N H; Koschny T; Zhou J; Soukoulis C M . 2012. Reversible modulation and ultrafast dynamics of terahertz resonances in strongly photoexcited metamaterials. Physical Review B. 86:125110.
Wang J Y; Feng Y J; Jaramillo R; van Wezel J; Canfield P C; Rosenbaum T F . 2012. Pressure tuning of competing magnetic interactions in intermetallic CeFe2. Physical Review B. 86:014422.
Li T Q; Patz A; Ran S; Bud'ko S; Canfield P; Wang J G . 2012. Dynamic decoupling of spin-lattice-charge excitations in iron pnictides using time-resolved laser ellipsometry. 2012 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics. :.
Ackerman D M; Wang J; Evans J W . 2012. Generalized Hydrodynamic Treatment of the Interplay between Restricted Transport and Catalytic Reactions in Nanoporous Materials. Physical Review Letters. 108:228301.