Kristen P. Constant
Wilkinson Professor of Interdisciplinary Engineering, Chair - Materials Science and Engineering
2220 Hoover Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-3337
- Photonic Band Gap materials
- Materials Education
- Research on Gender in the Sciences
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University, 1990
- B.S. Ceramic Engineering, Iowa State University, 1986
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2001 Scientist, Micron Technologies
- 1998 - present Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University Photonic Band Gap Materials, Gender Equity
- 1998 - 2001 Assistant Chair, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University
- 1992 - 1998 Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University
- 1990 - 1992 Post-doctoral Associate, MIT
- 1986 - 1990 Laboratory Graduate, Argonne National Laboratory, Northwestern University
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2008 Women Impacting ISU recipient
- 2004 Administrative Internship Award
- 2000 ISU Engineering College Advisor of the Year Award
- 1997 ISU Early Achievement in Teaching
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2010Shin Y C; Kim D H; Kim E H; Park J M; Ho K M; Constant K; Choe J H; Park Q H; Ryu H Y; Baek J H; Jung T; Kim T G . 2010. High Efficiency GaN Light-Emitting Diodes With Two Dimensional Photonic Crystal Structures of Deep-Hole Square Lattices. Ieee Journal of Quantum Electronics. 46:116-120.
2008Lee J H; Lee J C W; Leung W; Li M; Constant K; Chan C T; Ho K M . 2008. Polarization engineering of thermal radiation using metallic photonic crystals. Advanced Materials. 20:3244-+.
Lee J H; Leung W; Kim T G; Constant K; Ho K M . 2008. Polarized thermal radiation by layer-by-layer metallic emitters with sub-wavelength grating. Optics Express. 16:8742-8747.
2007Lee J H; Kim Y S; Constant K; Ho K M . 2007. Woodpile metallic photonic crystals fabricated by using soft lithography for tailored thermal emission. Advanced Materials. 19:791-+.
Lee J H; Leung W; Ahn J; Lee T; Park I S; Constant K; Ho K M . 2007. Layer-by-layer photonic crystal fabricated by low-temperature atomic layer deposition. Applied Physics Letters. 90:151101.