Sergey L. Bud'ko
A111 Zaffarano Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011Phone 515-294-3986
- Experimental condensed matter physics: thermodynamic (magnetization, heat capacity, thermal expansion) and transport (resistivity, Hall effect, thermoelectric power) properties of novel materials and materials with novel ground states in multi-extreme conditions (low temperatures, high magnetic fields, high pressure)
- Quantum oscillations
- Density waves
- Strong electronic correlations
- Quantum criticality
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. Solid State Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1986
- M.S. (with honors) Solid State Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1982
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2004 - present Adjunct Research Associate Professor, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 2002 - present Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 1999 - 2002 Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 1998 - 1999 Visiting Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 1996 - 1998 Visiting Researcher, Centro Brasileiro de Pesquisas Fisicas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 1995 - 1996 Visiting Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University
- 1993 - 1995 Visiting Researcher, Centro Brasileiro de Pesquisas Fisicas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 1991 - 1993 Associate Researcher, Texas Center for Superconductivity at the University of Houston
- 1990 - 1991 Visiting Researcher, Dept. of Physics, University of California, San Diego
- 1985 - 1991 Researcher, Institute for High Pressure Physics, Troitsk, Moscow region, Russia
- 1982 - 1985 Research Assistant, Institute for High Pressure Physics, Troitsk, Moscow region, Russia
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- 2010 Outstanding Referee for the APS journals
- 2009 Fellow of the American Physical Society
- 1997 - 1998 FAPERJ (Rio de Janeiro state, Brazil) fellowship
- 1993 - 1995, 1996-1997 CNPq (Brazil) fellowship
- 1987, 1989 Award for the best research by young scientist, Institute for High Pressure Physics, RAS
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2011Shi D L; He P; Zhao P; Guo F F; Wang F; Huth C; Chaud X; Bud'ko S L; Lian J . 2011. Magnetic alignment of Ni/Co-coated carbon nanotubes in polystyrene composites. Composites Part B-Engineering. 42:1532-1538.
Colombier E; Knebel G; Salce B; Mun E D; Lin X; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C . 2011. Phase diagram of CeVSb(3) under pressure and its dependence on pressure conditions. Physical Review B. 84:064442.
Ni N; Bud'ko S L . 2011. Tuning the ground state of BaFe(2)As(2): Phase diagrams and empirical trends. MRS Bulletin. 36:620-625.
Gasparov V A; Drigo L; Audouard A; Sun D L; Lin C T; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Fabris F W; Wosnitza J . 2011. Upper critical magnetic field in Ba(0.68)K(0.32)Fe(2)As(2) and Ba(Fe(0.93)Co(0.07))(2)As(2). JETP Letters. 93:667-672.
Wang P; Stadnik Z M; Zukrowski J; Thaler A; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C . 2011. Coexistence of antiferromagnetic ordering and superconductivity in the Ba(Fe(0.961)Rh(0.039))(2)As(2) compound studied by Mossbauer spectroscopy. Physical Review B. 84:024509.
Liu C; Palczewski A D; Dhaka R S; Kondo T; Fernandes R M; Mun E D; Hodovanets H; Thaler A N; Schmalian J; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Kaminski A . 2011. Importance of the Fermi-surface topology to the superconducting state of the electron-doped pnictide Ba(Fe(1-x)Co(x))(2)As(2). Physical Review B. 84:020509.
Tanatar M A; Ni N; Thaler A; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Prozorov R . 2011. Systematics of the temperature-dependent interplane resistivity in Ba(Fe(1)xM(x))(2)As(2) (M = Co, Rh, Ni, and Pd). Physical Review B. 84:014519.
Novikov V V; Avdashchenko D V; Matovnikov A V; Moiseev N V; Bud'ko S L; Tanaka T . 2011. Thermal and magnetic properties of DyB(62) at low temperatures. Physica B-Condensed Matter. 406:2642-2645.
Hu R; Cho K; Kim H; Hodovanets H; Straszheim W E; Tanatar M A; Prozorov R; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C . 2011. Anisotropic magnetism, resistivity, London penetration depth and magneto-optical imaging of superconducting K0.80Fe1.76Se2 single crystals. Superconductor Science & Technology. 24:065006.
Oh S; Mounce A M; Mukhopadhyay S; Halperin W P; Vorontsov A B; Bud'ko S L; Canfield P C; Furukawa Y; Reyes P; Kuhns P L . 2011. As-75 NMR of Ba(Fe0.93Co0.07)(2)As-2 in high magnetic field. Physical Review B. 83:214501.