The Ames Laboratory Oversight Board was formed in August of 2007. The Board reports to the Iowa State University President. The role of this Board is to:
- Provide guidance to the Director in strategic planning for future scientific directions of the Laboratory.
- Ensure alignment of the Laboratory directions with DOE and our Contractor's interest.
- Ensure that the work of the Laboratory is of high quality and high impact.
The Board composition includes
- Iowa State University (ISU) President (Chair), Steven Leath
- ISU Senior Vice President and Provost, Jonathan Wickert
- ISU Interim Vice President for Research and Economic Development, David Oliver
- ISU Senior Vice President for Business and Finance, Warren Madden
- Distinguished External Scientific Advisors, George Crabtree, Doon Gibbs and Geri Richmond, John Burba
- The Ames Laboratory Interim Director (non-voting), Tom Lograsso