Mark L. Murphy
Chief Operations Officer
311 Technical and Administrative Services Facility (TASF)
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-3979
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- M.B.A., Iowa State University, 1994
- B.A., Accounting, University of Northern Iowa, 1976
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
Ames Laboratory (U.S. Department of Energy) Appointments, 1982 – present:
- Chief Operation Officer/Chief Financial Officer, 1997 – present
- Chief Accountant/Finance Manager, 1995 - 1997
- Assistant Chief Accountant, 1982 – 1995
General Summary of Responsibilities
- Member of the Laboratory’s Executive Council
- Lead point of contact for DOE Ames Site Office
- Direct reports include Managers of Accounting, Budget, Information Systems, Purchasing and Property Management, Human Resources, Facilities & Engineering Services
- Directly responsible for foreign visits and assignments, foreign travel, conference management, and is the counterintelligence POC.
- Member of leadership team that is responsible for the Annual Lab Plan and the mission readiness component.
- Represents Executive Council on safety walk-throughs, the Safeguards and Security team, the ALARA committee.
- Member of the National Laboratory and Office of Science COO groups, NLCFO group and SC Operations Improvement Council.
- Primary POC for PEMP process.
- American Institute of CPAs
- Iowa Society of CPAs