Dr. Marek Pruski
Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Adjunct Professor, Iowa State University
230 Spedding Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-2017
- High resolution solid state NMR methods
- Applied studies: heterogeneous catalysis and other complex materials
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D. 1981, Nicholas Copernicus University
- B.S. 1977, Nicholas Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2003, 2009, Visiting Professor, University of Caen, France
- 1998, 2000, Visiting Professor, University of Lille, France
- 1988-present, Associate Scientist, Scientist and Senior Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 1985-1988, Postdoctoral Fellow, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 1982-1985, Lecturer and Research Assistant, Nicholas Copernicus University
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2008Zorn D; Lin V S Y; Pruski M; Gordon M S . 2008. Comparison of Nitroaldol Reaction Mechanisms Using Accurate Ab Initio Calculations. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. 112:10635-10649.
2007Wiench J W; Bronnimann C E; Lin V S Y; Pruski M . 2007. Chemical shift correlation NMR spectroscopy with indirect detection in fast rotating solids: Studies of organically functionalized mesoporous silicas. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 129:12076-+.
Dolotko O; Zhang H Q; Ugurlu O; Wiench J W; Pruski M; Chumbley L S; Pecharsky V . 2007. Mechanochemical transformations in Li(Na)AlH4-Li(Na)NH2 systems. Acta Materialia. 55:3121-3130.
Amoureux J P; Trebosc J; Wiench J; Pruski M . 2007. HMQC and refocused-INEPT experiments involving half-integer quadrupolar nuclei in solids. Journal of Magnetic Resonance. 184:1-14.
Cai Y; Kumar R; Huang W; Trewyn B G; Wiench J W; Pruski M; Lin V S Y . 2007. Mesoporous aluminum silicate catalyst with single-type active sites: Characterization by solid-state NMR and studies of reactivity for Claisen rearrangement reactions. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 111:1480-1486.