Dr. Da-Jiang Liu
307B Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-0266
- Modeling of surface processes related to chemistry and materials.
- Catalytic surface reaction: multiscale modeling of spatial-temporal patterns, connecting atomistic simulations of reaction and continuous description of diffusion; fluctuations and bifurcations of chemical reactions on nanoscale particles.
- Metal thin films: restructuring and diffusion of nanostrustures in epitaxal films.
- Etching of semiconductor surfaces.
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- 2005-present, Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 2002-2005, Assistant Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 1998-2002, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- Ph.D. 1998, University of Maryland at College Park
- B.Sc. 1991, University of Science and Technology of China
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2007Unal B; Qin F; Han Y; Liu D J; Jing D P; Layson A R; Jenks C J; Evans J W; Thiel P A . 2007. Scanning tunneling microscopy and density functional theory study of initial bilayer growth of Ag films on NiAl(110). Physical Review B. 76:195410.
Wang Y D; Ren Y; Nie Z H; Liu D M; Zuo L; Choo H; Li H; Liaw P K; Yan J Q; McQueeney R J; Richardson J W; Huq A . 2007. Structural transition of ferromagnetic Ni2MnGa nanoparticles. Journal of Applied Physics. 101:063530.
Guo X F; Liu D J; Evans J W . 2007. Generic two-phase coexistence, relaxation kinetics, and interface propagation in the quadratic contact process: Simulation studies. Physical Review E. 75:061129.
Shen M M; Wen J M; Jenks C J; Thiel P A; Liu D J; Evans J W . 2007. Ripening of monolayer vacancy pits on metal surfaces: Pathways, energetics, and size-scaling for Ag(111) versus Ag(100). Physical Review B. 75:245409.
Liu D J; Evans J W . 2007. Fronts and fluctuations in a tailored model for CO oxidation on metal(100) surfaces. Journal of Physics-Condensed Matter. 19:065129.
Liu D J; Evans J W . 2007. Fluctuations and patterns in nanoscale surface reaction systems: Influence of reactant phase separation during CO oxidation. Physical Review B. 75:073401.
Liu D; Guo X F; Evans J W . 2007. Quadratic contact process: Phase separation with interface-orientation-dependent equistability. Physical Review Letters. 98:050601.