Dr. Da-Jiang Liu
307B Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-0266
- Modeling of surface processes related to chemistry and materials.
- Catalytic surface reaction: multiscale modeling of spatial-temporal patterns, connecting atomistic simulations of reaction and continuous description of diffusion; fluctuations and bifurcations of chemical reactions on nanoscale particles.
- Metal thin films: restructuring and diffusion of nanostrustures in epitaxal films.
- Etching of semiconductor surfaces.
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- 2005-present, Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 2002-2005, Assistant Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 1998-2002, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- Ph.D. 1998, University of Maryland at College Park
- B.Sc. 1991, University of Science and Technology of China
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2009Shen M M; Liu D J; Jenks C J; Evans J W; Thiel P A . 2009. The effect of chalcogens (O, S) on coarsening of nanoislands on metal surfaces. Surface Science. 603:1486-1491.
Thiel P A; Shen M; Liu D J; Evans J W . 2009. Coarsening of Two-Dimensional Nanoclusters on Metal Surfaces. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 113:5047-5067.
Liu D J . 2009. Generic Two-Phase Coexistence and Nonequilibrium Criticality in a Lattice Version of Schlogl's Second Model for Autocatalysis. Journal of Statistical Physics. 135:77-85.
Shen M M; Liu D J; Jenks C J; Thiel P A; Evans J W . 2009. Accelerated coarsening of Ag adatom islands on Ag(111) due to trace amounts of S: Mass-transport mediated by Ag-S complexes. Journal of Chemical Physics. 130:094701.
Guo X F; Liu D J; Evans J W . 2009. Schloegl's second model for autocatalysis with particle diffusion: Lattice-gas realization exhibiting generic two-phase coexistence. Journal of Chemical Physics. 130:074106.
2008Han Y; Unal B; Qin F L; Jing D P; Jenks C J; Liu D J; Thiel P A; Evans J W . 2008. Kinetics of facile bilayer island formation at low temperature: Ag/NiAl(110). Physical Review Letters. 100:116105.
Shen M M; Liu D J; Jenks C J; Thiel P A . 2008. Novel self-organized structure of a Ag-S complex on the Ag(111) surface below room temperature. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 112:4281-4290.
Han Y; Evans J W; Liu D J . 2008. Quantum stabilities and growth modes of thin metal films: Unsupported and NiAl-supported Ag(110) and Ag(100). Surface Science. 602:2532-2540.
Guo X F; Evans J W; Liu D H . 2008. Generic two-phase coexistence, relaxation kinetics, and interface propagation in the quadratic contact process: Analytic studies. Physica a-Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications. 387:177-201.
2007Liu D J . 2007. CO oxidation on Rh(100): Multisite atomistic lattice-gas modeling. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 111:14698-14706.