Dr. Da-Jiang Liu
307B Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-0266
- Modeling of surface processes related to chemistry and materials.
- Catalytic surface reaction: multiscale modeling of spatial-temporal patterns, connecting atomistic simulations of reaction and continuous description of diffusion; fluctuations and bifurcations of chemical reactions on nanoscale particles.
- Metal thin films: restructuring and diffusion of nanostrustures in epitaxal films.
- Etching of semiconductor surfaces.
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- 2005-present, Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 2002-2005, Assistant Scientist, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- 1998-2002, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Ames Laboratory, Iowa State University
- Ph.D. 1998, University of Maryland at College Park
- B.Sc. 1991, University of Science and Technology of China
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2010Thiel P A; Shen M M; Liu D J; Evans J W . 2010. Adsorbate-enhanced transport of metals on metal surfaces: Oxygen and sulfur on coinage metals. Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A. 28:1285-1298.
Russell S M; Liu D J; Kawai M; Kim Y; Thiel P A . 2010. Low-temperature adsorption of H2S on Ag(111). Journal of Chemical Physics. 133:124705.
Han Y; Liu D J . 2010. Shell structure and phase relations in electronic properties of metal nanowires from an electron-gas model. Physical Review B. 82:125420.
Liu D J; Evans J W . 2010. Interactions between Oxygen Atoms on Pt(100): Implications for Ordering during Chemisorption and Catalysis. ChemPhysChem. 11:2174-2181.
Liu D J; Chen H T; Lin V S Y; Evans J W . 2010. Polymer length distributions for catalytic polymerization within mesoporous materials: Non-Markovian behavior associated with partial extrusion. Journal of Chemical Physics. 132:154102.
Han Y; Unal B; Jing D P; Qin F L; Jenks C J; Liu D J; Thiel P A; Evans J W . 2010. Formation and coarsening of Ag(110) bilayer islands on NiAl(110): STM analysis and atomistic lattice-gas modeling. Physical Review B. 81:115462.
Liu D J . 2010. Density functional analysis of key energetics in metal homoepitaxy: Quantum size effects in periodic slab calculations. Physical Review B. 81:035415.
2009Han Y; Liu D J . 2009. Quantum size effects in metal nanofilms: Comparison of an electron-gas model and density functional theory calculations. Physical Review B. 80:155404.
Liu D J; Chen H T; Lin V S Y; Evans J W . 2009. Statistical mechanical modeling of catalytic polymerization within surface-functionalized mesoporous materials. Physical Review E. 80:011801.
Liu D J; Evans J W . 2009. Atomistic and multiscale modeling of CO-oxidation on Pd(100) and Rh(100): From nanoscale fluctuations to mesoscale reaction fronts. Surface Science. 603:1706-1716.