Dr. Andreja Bakac
Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Adjunct Professor, Iowa State University
29 Spedding Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-3544
- Chemical kinetics
- Mechanisms of inorganic and organometallic reactions
- Activation of oxygen with transition metal complexes
- Catalytic oxidations
- Chemistry of reactive intermediates, free radicals and excited states
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- 1976-1979, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Ames Laboratory
- Ph.D. 1976, University of Zagreb
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- 2005-present, Adjunct Professor, Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University
- 2000-present, Senior Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 1990, Temporary Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University
- 1984-2000, Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 1981-1984, Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory
- 1979-1981, Assistant Scientist II, Ames Laboratory
- Visiting Scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1993:
- Visiting scientist, Tohoku University, Sendai, 1988 and 1990.
(Chronologically most recent on top)Honors & Awards
- Special Creativity Award, National Science Foundation, 2008.
- Professional and Scientific Excellence Award, Iowa State University, 1992.
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2008Vasbinder M J; Bakac A . 2008. Kinetics and mechanism of the reactions of ozone with superoxo, hydroperoxo, and hydrido complexes of rhodium(III). Inorganica Chimica Acta. 361:3193-3198.
2007Vasbinder M J; Bakac A . 2007. Kinetics of oxidation of nitroxyl radicals with superoxometal complexes of chromium and rhodium. Inorganic Chemistry. 46:2322-2327.
Furczon M; Pestovsky O; Bakac A . 2007. Kinetics of dissociation of molecular oxygen from a superoxorhodium(III) complex and reactivity of a macrocyclic rhodium(II) ion. Inorganic Chemistry. 46:11461-11466.
Szajna-Fuller E; Bakac A . 2007. Thermodynamics of oxygen activation by macrocyclic complexes of rhodium. Inorganic Chemistry. 46:10907-10912.
Vasbinder M J; Bakac A . 2007. Hydrogen-atom transfer from transition metal hydroperoxides, hydrogen peroxide, and alkyl hydroperoxides to superoxo and oxo metal complexes. Inorganic Chemistry. 46:2921-2928.