Dr. Masha Sosonkina
Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Adjunct Professor, Iowa State University
336 Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-6751
- High-performance computing and applications
- Data-intensive scientific computing
- Very large-scale multicore architectures
- Distributed and cloud computing
- Applied software engineering
- Adaptive algorithm infrastructure
- Performance and scalability analysis
- Parallel numerical algorithms
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D., Computer Science and Applications, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, 1997
- B.S., M.S., Programming Theory and Applied Mathematics Kiev State University, Ukraine, 1992
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Iowa State University, 2007 – Present
- Scientist, Scalable Computing Laboratory, Ames Laboratory USDOE, 2003 – Present
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Science Department, Iowa State University, 2003 – Present
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Minnesota Duluth, 1997 – 2005
- Research Associate, Ames Laboratory, 1999; 2001 – 2003
- Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, Virginia Tech, 1999; 1997
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Computer Science and Engineering and the Minnesota Supercomputing Institute, University of Minnesota, 1998
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2009He J; Watson L T; Sosonkina M . 2009. Algorithm 897: VTDIRECT95: Serial and Parallel Codes for the Global Optimization Algorithm DIRECT. Acm Transactions on Mathematical Software. 36:17.
Laghave N; Sosonkina M; Maris P; Vary J P . 2009. Benefits of Parallel I/O in Ab Initio Nuclear Physics Calculations. Computational Science - Iccs 2009, Part I. 5544:84-931030.
Seshagiri L; Sosonkina M; Zhang Z . 2009. Electronic Structure Calculations and Adaptation Scheme in Multi-core Computing Environments. Computational Science - Iccs 2009, Part I. 5544:3-121030.
2008He J; Verstak A; Watson L T; Sosonkina M . 2008. Design and implementation of a massively parallel version of DIRECT. Computational Optimization and Applications. 40:217-245.
Kahou G A A; Grigori L; Sosonkina M . 2008. A partitioning algorithm for block-diagonal matrices with overlap. Parallel Computing. 34:332-344.
Sosonkina M; Liu F; Bramley R . 2008. Usability levels for sparse linear algebra components. Concurrency and Computation-Practice & Experience. 20:1439-1454.
Kenny J P; Janssen C L; Gordon M S; Sosonkina M; Windus T L . 2008. A component approach to collaborative scientific software development: Tools and techniques utilized by the Quantum Chemistry Science Application Partnership. Scientific Programming. 16:287-296.
Sosonkina M; Sharda A; Negoita A; Vary J P; Bubak M; VanAlbada G D; Dongarra J; Sloot P M A . 2008. Integration of ab initio nuclear physics calculations with optimization techniques. Computational Science - Iccs 2008, Pt 1. 5101:833-842.
2007Jones J; Sosonkina M; Saad Y . 2007. Component-based iterative methods for sparse linear systems. Concurrency and Computation-Practice & Experience. 19:625-635.