Dr. Masha Sosonkina
Scientist, Ames Laboratory and Adjunct Professor, Iowa State University
336 Wilhelm Hall
The Ames Laboratory
Ames, IA 50011-3020Phone 515-294-6751
- High-performance computing and applications
- Data-intensive scientific computing
- Very large-scale multicore architectures
- Distributed and cloud computing
- Applied software engineering
- Adaptive algorithm infrastructure
- Performance and scalability analysis
- Parallel numerical algorithms
(Chronologically most recent on top)Education
- Ph.D., Computer Science and Applications, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, 1997
- B.S., M.S., Programming Theory and Applied Mathematics Kiev State University, Ukraine, 1992
(Chronologically most recent on top)Professional Appointments
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Iowa State University, 2007 – Present
- Scientist, Scalable Computing Laboratory, Ames Laboratory USDOE, 2003 – Present
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Science Department, Iowa State University, 2003 – Present
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Minnesota Duluth, 1997 – 2005
- Research Associate, Ames Laboratory, 1999; 2001 – 2003
- Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, Virginia Tech, 1999; 1997
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Computer Science and Engineering and the Minnesota Supercomputing Institute, University of Minnesota, 1998
(Chronologically most recent on top)Publications with the Ames Laboratory
2013Sundriyal V; Sosonkina M; Zhang Z . 2013. Achieving energy efficiency during collective communications. Concurrency and Computation-Practice & Experience. 25:2140-2156.
Sundriyal V; Sosonkina M; Gaenko A; Zhang Z . 2013. Energy saving strategies for parallel applications with point-to-point communication phases. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. 73:1157-1169.
Sosonkina M; Watson L T; Radcliffe N R; Haftka R T; Trosset M W . 2013. Adjusting process count on demand for petascale global optimization. Parallel Computing. 39:21-35.
Gaenko A; Windus T L; Sosonkina M; Gordon M S . 2013. Design and Implementation of Scientific Software Components to Enable Multiscale Modeling: The Effective Fragment Potential (QM/EFP) Method. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation. 9:222-231.
2012Srinivasa A; Sosonkina M; Maris P; Vary J P; Ali H; Shi Y; Khazanchi D; Lees M; VanAlbada G D; Dongarra J; Sloot P M A . 2012. Efficient Shared-Array Accesses in Ab Initio Nuclear Structure Calculations on Multicore Architectures. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS 2012. 9:256-265.
Talamudupula S K; Sosonkina M; Gaenko A; Schmidt M W; Ali H; Shi Y; Khazanchi D; Lees M; VanAlbada G D; Dongarra J; Sloot P M A . 2012. Fragment Molecular Orbital Method Adaptations for Heterogeneous Computing Platforms. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS 2012. 9:489-497.
2011Liu F; Sosonkina M; Sato M; Matsuoka S; Sloot P M A; VanAlbada G D; Dongarra J . 2011. A Multilevel Parallelism Support for Multi-Physics Coupling. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science. 4:261-270.
Sundriyal V; Sosonkina M; Fang Liu; Schmidt M W . 2011. Dynamic Frequency Scaling and Energy Saving in Quantum Chemistry Applications. 25th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing, IPDPS 2011. :837-845.
2010Vary J P; Honkanen H; Li J; Maris P; Shirokov A M; Brodsky S J; Harindranath A; De Teramond G F; Ng E G; Yang C; Sosonkina M . 2010. Ab-initio Hamiltonian approach to light nuclei and to quantum field theory. Pramana-Journal of Physics. 75:39-49.
Liu F; Sosonkina M; Bramley R . 2010. A New Approach: Component-Based Multi-physics Coupling through CCA-LISI. Computational Science and Its Applications - Iccsa 2010, Pt 2, Proceedings. 6017:503-518602.